041 – Sleep As A Barometer For Emotional And Physical Health with Dana Frost
Dana is a wellness expert. She is a body, mind and spirit alchemist who educates and coaches women toward optimal health so they can enjoy vibrant lives with the people they love and fulfill their mission in life. Dana has a life long commitment to continuing education including certifications as a Master Life Coach, Aromatherapist, HeartMath® Facilitator, Myers Briggs Facilitator, Light Therapist and Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Practitioner. Dana’s rich life experiences including: navigating the challenges and joys as a mom for twenty-five years to five children, thirty years of marriage and living abroad for ten years empowers her coaching practice.
Sleep As A Barometer For Emotional And Physical Health
- How do our emotions impact our sleep?
- What is heart rate variability? What are some emotions that are signs of you being sympathetic dominant? What are some emotions that are signs of you being parasympathetic dominant?
- What are the four qualities of a healthy breath and how can they help you track yours?How can we use our breath to improve our sleep?
- Would it be beneficial to track sleep and if so, what are we looking for? Should you be tracking your sleep?
- Is there an ideal time to go to sleep or is it unique to everyone?
- Are there negatives to sleeping pills? What are alternatives to sleep pills? How can specific alternatives be used to calm down the nervous system and support sleep?
- Is there a way to calm the mind to improve sleep? What are poses that help calm the nervous system?
- Can you use of physical poses that support sleep? What should be your nighttime routine? What is the anxiety reducing breath Dana advices?
- Guided Heart Math Breath Session
For more on Dana Frost you can follow her:
-For more on Deepa:
Deepa is a Yoga therapist for over two decades and a Functional Nutritionist for five. She brings together her experience in therapeutic & transformational yoga and deep learning in nutrition based on the principles of functional medicine to her practice Phytothrive. The focus has been on merging together the deep science of the functional world with the deep symbolism of ancient wisdom. She has a masterful understanding of the human anatomy with cohesive understanding of physiology to offer what can be classified as true bio-individual mind, body & spirit nutrition. Having a son with a rare adrenal condition gave her a deep insight into the working of the adrenals and the stress response, as it relates to all health and sleep.
Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 13 times NY Times Bestselling Author twice. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. Deepa has twenty years of experience in wellness, where she has focus on sleep nutrition, women’s health, detoxification, skin health and adrenal function. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020.
💎 Get her newsletter on how to help your body with Functional Medicine and Ayurveda at: https://ohahelath.com/
💎 Website: https://ohahelath.com/
💎YourStory Articles: https://yourstory.com/author/deepakannan
💎YourStory 100 Digital Influencers 2020: https://yourstory.com/2020/12/yourstory-100-digital-influencers-2020
To work with Deepa:
💎Write to: email@example.com
💎Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org