133 – Trauma & Sleep With Dr Aimie Apigian, MD, MS, MPH, CEO of Trauma Healing Accelerated
Dr. Aimie is a Board-Certified Preventive and Addiction Medicine Physician with a Double Masters in Biochemistry and Public Health. She specialises in trauma, attachment, and identifying and reversing the effects of stored emotions in the body and on our health. Having personal experience in foster parenting, adopting, chronic fatigue, and autoimmune issues, she discovered that adverse life experiences become our biology, not just psychology. Compromising every system in our biology, these stored emotions cause inflammation, digestive issues and contribute to all disease and ageing. A 2-time summit host, she is the founder and director of Family Challenge Camps, a weekend intensive for families, and founder and CEO of Trauma Healing Accelerated, where she provides education and courses for those wanting to hack their survival systems and accelerate their healing journey from trauma to achieve their best mental and physical health.
- How do we define trauma?
- Why are we physiologically different in how we cope with trauma?
- How do we navigate curating exercise in the context of our traumas?
- What does it say about trauma if you have been on antidepressants?
- What are the three most common imbalances in biochemistry?
- What are the reasons for higher copper in the body and how is it linked to trauma?
- How is trauma linked to sleep?
- How can we use diet modifications to help us move past trauma?
- What is the practice which you can do that helps soothe trauma?
For more on Dr Aimie Apigian you can follow her:
-For more on Deepa:
Deepa is an Allied Functional Medicine Practitioner, Author and a Yogini at Phytothrive. Having a son with a rare adrenal disorder gave her insight into the working of the adrenals. Her articles have been shared by Dr Mark Hyman, MD, a 14 times NY Times Bestselling Author. She also gave the opening speech on Health Hacks at Amazon Web Services & YourStory HeathTech 2019 to heads of healthcare start-ups in India. She is in the YourStory100 Digital Influencers Of 2020. Her book on sleep with HarperCollins releases in 2022. She has been featured on the award winning podcast 15-Minute Matrix and UK Health Radio discussing sleep.
💎 Website: https://phytothrive.com
💎Blue Light Blockers: https://vivarays.com?sca_ref=1132978.lTmZvKjZ2k
To work with Deepa:
💎Write to: email@example.com
💎Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org