020 – Cooking For Better Sleep with Simon Jongenotter
Simon Jongenotter is an earth custodian, intuitive healing facilitator and plant-based chef based in Bali, Indonesia. He’s the founder of the New Earth School, which teaches through strengthening our connection to self, others and Earth. He’s co-founder and Executive chef of Zest Ubud, the well known Ubud based restaurant which, besides serving entirely plant-based cuisine, hosts leading-edge events around connection and human consciousness. Simon envisions humanity finding harmony with Nature yet again, as the current changes on Earth are forcing us to question our outdated habits and create new, wholesome ways of living.
In this episode, we dive into:
“Cooking For Better Sleep”
- How did Simon end up in magical Bali?
- Simon’s New Earth Cooking School in Bali is all about empowering people through food by facilitating connection with self, others and Earth in a playful way. What is this space that Simon created in Bali all about? How did this space arise from Simon’s meditation?
- We live in a world of sympathetic dominance and sleeplessness. Yet, Simon comes from a pristine space where he is truly one with the Earth. How can you balance the male and female energy within to truly balance yin yang and cook from that space? Why does Simon thank his nights of bad sleep?
- How would Simon empower people to cook for better sleep? What should go into cooking for better sleep from concept to creation to consumption? Can cooking be a spiritual practice to improve sleep? What are these potent sacred rituals of cooking that Simon follows?
- What are five great ingredients that Simon would choose to build a plate for great sleep?
- How would Simon use those five magical ingredients and what would he do with them to create this magical sleep plate?
- Is a certain cooking methodology that can make food easier to assimilate and support sleep?
- How would Simon create food that is balanced for great sleep?
For more on Simon Jongenotter, you can follow him: